North Star LGBTQ Center (logo)
Position: Center Manager
Employment type: part-time, 20 hrs/wk
Reports to: North Star Board of Directors
Date: May 6th, 2021
Salary Range: $15-$18/hr
North Star LGBTQ Community Center is dedicated to providing a safe, enriching, and accepting place for all LGBTQ people and allies in Winston-Salem and the greater Triad area through community outreach, drop-in hours at our location, support/social groups, events, workshops, and collaborative efforts with other organizations. The environment at North Star is friendly, casual, and brings a sense of fulfillment by working with those in the LGBTQ community in need of assistance/guidance and other individuals/organizations.
In collaboration with North Star Board, the Center Manager will play a critical role in helping to reopen the center, manage volunteers, provide direct support and referrals to LGBTQ members of our community, expand organization visibility, and ensure safe and efficient operations at North Star’s location.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee volunteer program including recruitment, supervision, scheduling and training.
- Manage center operations including answering the phone, checking email & mail, greeting guests, ordering supplies, etc.
- Maintain North Star social media, website, rainbow directory, and donor database (Salesforce), and the North Star events calendar.
- Facilitate relevant programming for the center based on community need and interest.
- Ensure North Star is represented at community events & health fairs, as needed.
- Collaborate with community partners, organizations, and businesses for strategic initiatives, programming, fundraising, and events.
- Provide monthly reports to North Star board on Center Activities and engagement, traffic to the Center, fundraising and revenue generation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong leadership skills, ability to take initiative and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds,
- The ability to hold emotional space and respond thoughtfully when people are sharing difficult stories and moments of personal crisis.
- An intersectional understanding of LGBTQ+ identities and experiences and a committed advocate for racial justice within these groups
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with social media, email communications, and marketing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint), Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.), and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.)
- The ability to travel within the Piedmont/Triad area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with event planning, volunteer management, and/or training and facilitation a plus!
- Experience with parents, children, and teens a plus!
- Bilingual/multicultural candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Part-time – $15-$18/hr commensurate with experience
- This position will start out hybrid (remote and in person) and with the expectation to transition to primarily in person before the end of 2021.
- 930 Burke St, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28. Put Center Manager Application in the subject. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to criminal background and sexual offender registry checks.
North Star LGBTQ Community Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. North Star LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.