My name is Rayce Lamb, and I’m the Outreach Coordinator at North Star LGBTQ Community Center.
I’m here to streamline communication between volunteers and the executive board, to help volunteers implement new programs at the center, and to ensure the center is staffed during open hours.
I am currently seeking volunteers in the community to help North Star implement several new initiatives! These initiatives are listed below. If you are interested, please feel free to send me an e-mail and we can arrange a time to chat. As always, we also need volunteers to staff the center during open hours!
If you know anyone who might be interested in volunteering with North Star, please feel free to link them to this page and to direct them towards the volunteer sign-up form.
Current North Star Initiatives:
- Support Groups – I am working with a local group to implement a few support groups. We need leaders for these support groups, so we’re looking for individuals with previous experience in counseling or leading support groups.
- Center Enhancement – This would be for those who’d like to help with seasonal decor, in-house marketing, cleaning, supply maintenance, etc.
- University and Community Outreach – Volunteers who can go to University and community events to help promote and speak about North Star.
- Grant Writing – Volunteers who can assist with identifying grants and helping to secure their being awarded to North Star LGBT Community Center.
- Fundraisers – Volunteers to help staff/set-up/clean-up at future fundraising events.
- Library Volunteers – Volunteers who can help catalog, monitor circulation, monitor books that need to be sold/replaced, help acquire volumes for expansion, facilitate a book group(?), and help with library marketing.
- Youth Group/Bullying Outreach – Volunteers to help develop a program around youth and bullying prevention.
- Center Programming – Help to develop special and recurring social/educational/topical events to be held at the center.
I look forward to meeting future volunteers and working with you all to help the local LGBT community!