Our everyday needs:
Keep us stocked with our everyday needs! We love being your “community living room”!
If you can help us out by donating any of these items, bring them to the Center during our open hours, or contact us to set up a time to drop them off.
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Snacks (especially individually packaged chips, cookies, etc.)
- Drinks (bottled water, soda, juice)
- Coffee & tea (we have a coffee pot & hot water heater)
- Paper plates, bowls, cups, etc.
- Plastic utensils
- Printer paper
- Clean-on-one-side printer paper
- Black ink for HP LaserJet 1320 (our most-used printer)
- Color ink for Brother MFC-J895DW (allows us to print a few color fliers for programs, etc.)
Our Dream Wish List:
Here are other things we’d love to have, to improve our space and to accommodate different kinds of events and programs! Please reach out if you’d like to help us get any of these items!
- A new(er) computer for Center use
- A bluetooth speaker
- An area rug
- 2 upright hampers with good handles (for holding clothing donations)
- An LCD Projector
- A floor lamp
- Fun LGBTQ and social justice themed magnets for our refrigerator!
- Essential oils for our aromatherapy diffuser
Our Library Wish List:
Please visit our Amazon Wish List to see some books that we’d love to add to our lending library! You can purchase directly from Amazon and they will be shipped straight to the Center, or consider supporting Bookmarks or another independent bookstore.
We generally welcome any LGBTQ-related book, new or used, published in the last 10 years (older books taken on a case-by-case basis; our space is limited and more recent books are in much higher demand).
Other Ways to Give
There are so many ways to give to North Star! Consider:
- Making a one-time or habitual donation – your contributions keep us going and growing!
- Attending In Good Company, our fabulous banquet to honor supportive businesses and celebrate our work each year.
- Giving of your time and talents by volunteering. We exist and thrive because of the hard work of countless volunteers since 2013.
- Shop online! Sign up here and with each Amazon purchase, AmazonSmile donates to North Star. Or sign up once with iGive, download the iGive button, and a percentage of your purchases at over 1,500 online retailers will be donated to North Star.
And most importantly:
- Come hang out with us! We’re a community, which means that you ARE North Star, and your presence is our lifeblood. Come for a specific program, or just drop by the Center during Open Hours. Whether you’re looking for a good conversation, an answer to a question, a book to read, or just want to sit somewhere comfy to work or study or eat a snack… we got you, and you touch others and make a difference, just by being here.