Winston-Salem’s 12th annual Alternative Prom will be held on May 12th, 2018, at the Old Salem Visitor’s Center, from 7pm to 11pm.
The event is open to any high school students in grades 9-12. Our theme is GLOW. Admission is free; a $5 suggested donation will help us make sure Alt Prom will continue to happen. Tickets are not required, but please register on our Eventbrite to help us estimate numbers. Please note that for security reasons, once each young person has entered the event, they cannot re-enter a second time.
Alt Prom will feature dancing (of course), entertainment by DJ Clash and mystery drag performers, professional photos, games and activities, food, and raffle prizes. Don’t miss it!
Use our hashtags: #altpromws and #altprom20gayteen
This year, Alt prom is being hosted by North Star and planned by North Star’s high school Youth Leadership Council, with additional support from many community partners. Please consider these ways you can help make this a wonderful night!
- If you are an adult who’s interested in volunteering at Alt Prom, please sign up for shifts and for your Volunteer Orientation here.
- Prom Wear Drive! We’ve collected gently used prom dresses, tuxes, dress shoes, and other formalwear through our drive. If you’re a youth wanting to shop-for-free in our selection of prom wear, contact Nyles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you represent a business or organization who’d like to sponsor Alt Prom or contribute donations to help us make this event amazing, please contact Nyles at email@example.com.
- If you want to donate food or beverages on the day of Prom, visit our signup for Food & Bev!
- If you would like to help us with fundraising, visit our GoFundMe, or make a direct (fee-free) donation by mailing a check to the Center (930 Burke St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101; please note it’s for Alt Prom).
Many thanks to Alt Prom’s Partner Sponsors:
Alt Prom is made possible with additional support from:
- Winston-Salem Pride, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Winston-Salem, Green Street United Methodist Church, Trader Joe’s, LongHorn Steakhouse, Publix, and Weston & Associates.
Our Youth Raffle sponsors include:
- Buck Ties, Fluide Makeup, theBalm Cosmetics, Caminos Bakery, Mary’s Gourmet Diner, and Urbn Grl.
Learn more about our other Youth Programs.